Prepare for the BFRS Virtual Job & Career Fair
Remember your online presence is the first impression you'll make on employers, so you'll need to be prepared before the event!
Start by completing your profile on the virtual job fair platform.
- Perfect your CV and your virtual profile:
- Make sure your CV is job ready for the Virtual Job Fair
- Proof read your CV.
- Have a friend or professional review it. This is a great way to miss any errors you overlooked during your proofreading session.
- Make sure it’s compatible for sharing, most employers and attendees will be using computers during virtual job fair.
- It is possible to use your tablet or a phone to access and use all of the BFRS virtual, you will need to make sure your CV can be viewed on any device.
- Make sure your profile is ready for the Virtual Job Fair
- Fill in as much information as requested, it could be the reason an employer contacts you for a possible job.
- A professional head-shot to include on your profile, we all like to know who we are speaking to. Your picture will appear in networking rooms, live workshops and profile views from employers. Remember to ensure it is up to date, you could be asked to a video interview.
- Proofread your profile.
- Take a look at your current social media accounts and determine whether they’re an accurate portrayal of who you are as a professional. If you feel like they’re lacking a professional element, you should definitely invest some time in polishing them up.Video interviews are very common at virtual career fairs. Especially if employers are across the country, this is going to be the best way for them to evaluate you during the hiring process.
- Test all of your equipment.
- Take some time to prepare for the interview
- Make sure to dress for success and film your interview in a professional environment. This means you should be dressed in business professional from head to toe, and set up your computer in a well-lit space.
- The BFRS Virtual Job Fair provides you with everything you need to bring about the perfect match. Accessibility is one of the major benefits, you can tap into a large pool of top quality employers. You the job-seeker can take advantage of the live interaction in an environment that is engaging and easy to navigate.